Monday, November 14, 2011

The Cowboy

Many of you know that I'm in the middle of writing the second Novel, Silver Chains, due to be out next October.

I've been writing the thing as part of the NaNoWriMo Challenge. (You can follow my progress here.)

In the future, I will post excerpts of the upcoming novel here on the blog, but I'm just having such fun writing about a particular character I thought I would introduce him today.

This is a bit spoilerish below, but not too much.
He is known as "The Cowboy." 

He is an affable, handsome character, charming, gregarious, friendly, if given to an overuse of hoakey western colloquialism.  He's also a country-western music performer and an internet and YouTube sensation who's about to hit the big time.  He's got a huge loyal fan base and is taking the country by storm.

He's a really compelling character loosely modeled on some of my favorite contemporary country music stars.  If you want to get a sense of his looks, charm and style, just check out the awesome Josh Turner below. 



Oh!  And he's also a 500 year old vampire intent on enslaving the world and that he has to capture and torture the heroes of the first book in order to do it?  Did I mention that?  Hmmm. Must have slipped my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment